The position best suit student who want to get practical training and only university students are entitled to this position.
Sustainable Youth Development Partnership (SYDP) is a non profit organization that seeks to improve the conditions and prospects of children and young people of Tanzania . For more information about SYDP, please go to http://www.sydp.or.tz .
The Sustainable Youth Development Partnership (SYDP) seeks a highly qualified individual to serve as support Officer for the International Volunteer project which is under SYDP project. Volunteer project under SYDP is a program that is providing support to Tanzanian to train peer educators in HIV/AIDS prevention and resource mobilization. In Africa out-of-school youth live under the most challenging conditions and are marginalized from mainstream services and society. Street children, adolescent sex workers, orphans, and other such groups are generally, but not always, out of school. Hand in hand with volunteer he/she will be responsible for all the outreach activities.
The project includes:
• To work with Volunteer and NGO partner organizations in Tanzania .
• Working with in and out of school young people between the ages of 10–28 years.
• Coaching and mentoring international volunteer involved in the project both at headquarters and field-level.
• Knowledge of HIV/AIDS statistics and the impact of behavior change campaign against the pandemic.
• Be a liaison person between SYDP and community and in addition be translator of local language for his/her partner international volunteer
• Undergraduate student in social sciences, health, Economics or a related field.
• Computer literate in Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
The position is open immediately and will remain open until filled.
Send your application including the following:
1. Updated CV.
2. Application letter ( Hand written )
3. Copies of academic certificates/transcripts.
4. Recommendation letter from your department
5. Two current passport size.
No Application will be processed without these informations
Send your application to:
Sustainable Youth Development Partnership
P.O Box 35425
Dar es Salaam
Contact us on 022-275494
Deadline is 25 th April 2007. Only short listed will be contacted.